Working in collaboration with Creative Factory, Navigator North are pleased to offer two studio bursaries for a one-year period to artists/makers/designers.
The studios are based either at Dundas House or Riverside Park in Middlesbrough and managed by Navigator North. The successful applicants will receive a rent-free studio for one year with the option of keeping it on for an agreed rent.
The recipients of the studio will also benefit from a programme of activity from Creative Factory to include:
• Monthly studio visit
• 1-2-1 professional development advice
• Presentations at Creative Factory events (fees paid)
• Monthly social events
• Travel bursary to visit relevant UK events/meetings and/or invite people to studio
• Group visits from other artists/arts professionals/public
• Potential paid work placements at relevant organisation
While the studios are intended for sole use, applications from individuals and/or collaborations are welcomed. In certain circumstances, you may need to share the studio. There are various size studios which will be allocated after the selection process.
Each space can be used for a variety of uses to support the arts, and as part of the application process, the group aims to ensure that there is a good match between the nature of the space alongside the needs of the artist and their activity. These spaces are offered to support the development of the arts and artistic practice in temporary spaces and are not available for activity of a more commercial nature.
The Studio Bursary scheme is open to any artists based in the Tees Valley region.
To apply please provide:
• A brief description or statement about your art practice. (max. 300 words)
• An outline of your activity you are planning in the studio including what materials you use
• Specific access requirements
• How the free studio would benefit your practice
• 5 images of your work and/or links to your website / Instagram
• Contact name and email for a reference
Email: Gordon Dalton, Creative Factory Producer
Deadline 5th October 2018
The group is dedicated to offering opportunities to artists, irrespective of age, race, gender, disability or social background. The selection process will be carried out by Creative Factory and Navigator North, with an invited artist on the panel. Recipients are responsible for travel to and from studio and any relevant insurance.
Selected artists will be invited to view the spaces and must undergo an induction with Navigator North and abide by our studio holder terms and conditions.